Wednesday, February 2, 2011

WHERE IS YOUR TREASURE

Beloved in the Lord,
It is my prayer that this year we will experience more passion towards the work of God. 

Jesus said something which I have now understood in a different way and I want to share it with you my precious friend.

He said “where your treasure is, there your heart will be”. In the human context you will agree with me that where a man’s heart is that is exactly where his treasure is. If my heart tells me that I’m in love with someone, then naturally I’ll start spending more time with that person.

However, JESUS taught us the direct opposite! he says that where our treasure is, there our heart will be. What it means is that, if I should start devoting my money into paying tithes and offerings and assisting people in the church, if I should start devoting my time to doing service in the house of the Lord according to God’s pleasure then naturally my heart will begin to turn towards the work of God and those things which bring the Lord pleasure then that is where I am investing my treasure.

My question is; Where is your treasure? 
Invest in the house of God and your heart will be drawn to God. Invest in your work, academics, relationships etc., and your heart will be drawn towards those things and subsequently away from God! 

What a solution to all our struggles in trying to love God the way Jesus taught us. Remember life without Christ is full of crisis.

I pray that this year will be one of the most fruitful we will ever experience as we pour out our treasure into God’s Kingdom. The Good Lord keeps us and blessed us all.

We shall continue to live till his coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment